The Kingdoms of Celair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron Mountain

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Iron Mountain - Page 3 Empty Re: Iron Mountain

Post by Breyan Norrey Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:45 pm

The two struggled for a bit as the boy fought against her grip, but Seretheil was much stronger than he was.  Actually, she had misjudged the boy, and at second glance, noticed that his hair was not read, but poorly dyed with chili pepper.  Serethiel could smell it easily now.

She spun the boy around looking him in the face.  His features were soft and his skin fare.  

"Give me back the pouch now and I will let you go."  

He stopped struggling as something unusual about her caught his attention.  He narrowed his eyes and pointed to the side of her head.  "You're... you're an elf."  He whispered to himself.

She quickly reached up and felt the tip of her ear had poked through her hair during the struggle.  But Serethiel had discovered something as well.  

The boy was not really a boy... but a girl.

Iron Mountain - Page 3 Foxy_r11

Breyan Norrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Serethiel Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:06 pm

Being closer to the boy now Serethiel could see that she had misjudged him. His hair was not naturally red, but dyed with a powder. For what purpose she wasn't sure. She also noticed that his features were softer and rather feminine. Wait a second...he wasn't a boy...the person she was holding onto was a girl...

She opened her mouth to say something, but before she could the girl's eyes widened.

"You're...you're an elf."

Serethiel quickly lifted her other hand up and felt the tip of her ear poking through her hair. She quickly shifted it back to cover both her ears once again.

"And you're a girl."

Serethiel
Admin

https://kingdoms-of-celair.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Breyan Norrey Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:17 pm

"Let me go. You dont understand." She said. "If they recognize me, they'll kill me... and you too if they think you're involved." The girl struggles again, but is not half as strong.

Realizing she was caught firm, the girl settled down and tried a different angle. Calmly she looked Serethiel in the eye. "Please. I only needed your money to survive. I have to leave town, and I needed to buy food for traveling."

Breyan Norrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Serethiel Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:23 pm

Serethiel was quite strong. Several hundred years spent in the trees and fighting left her with a strength that many miscalculated. Serethiel only had to hold onto the girl with one hand. She listened to her, but did not let her go. She knew she was in danger as well. This girl knew she was an elf. However, she could take care of herself. This girl was young and clearly in danger if she was disguising herself and sealing money.

"Who do you mean by 'they'? Why are you in trouble?"

Serethiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Breyan Norrey Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 pm

The girl looked backed towards the main street.

"I cant talk here. Maybe we can work something out?" She told the elf before looking down the alley in which she originally ran. "There's a place we can go... a secret place." She said indicating a bit farther down. "It'll be safe there."

Serethiel saw the tip of her pouch sticking out of the girl's pocket. Without hesitation, she jerked to snatch her pouch back, but the girl was even quicker, and blocked Serethiel's attack.

The elf narrowed her gaze at the girl. She was much faster than her, and surprisingly agile.

"Please." The girl said, looking past her again.

Breyan Norrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Serethiel Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:42 pm

Serethiel was frustrated. She knew that Breyan would be expecting her and, if last night was an indication of his feelings for her, would come looking for her. She needed that money though. She couldn't go back to him and tell him that she had lost the rest of their money.

She glanced down the alleyway when the girl told her there was a secret place they could go to talk. "And how do I know this isn't a trap you've set?"

Serethiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Breyan Norrey Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:30 am

Just then, the girl looked past Serethiel again and her eyes widened. The elf turned to see, and noticed 5 large men with dark cloaks standing just outside the alley. One pointed at them as she felt the thief slip her hand out from Serethiel's grip. The escape was more agility than overcoming her strength.

Serethiel turned back to see the girl start to run. "Please, they'll kill you too. Follow me!" And she ran down the alley as fast as she could.

Breyan Norrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Serethiel Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:06 am

Serethiel followed the girl's gaze and looked over her shoulder and back out onto the main road. There, she spotted five large men standing just outside of the alley looking at them. Serethiel's first instinct was to ready her bow and fight, but when she felt the girl slip from her grip and start to run down the alley she knew she had no choice now but to run. She felt like this girl was now her responsibility and she had to ensure she would be alright. And so she began to run after her down the alley, trusting that this girl knew where she was going and that this wasn't a trap.

Serethiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Breyan Norrey Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:27 pm

The thief ran just ahead with a grace and agility that impressed Serethiel. This girl had skill. She thought.

Behind them they could hear the group of men racing after them.

A turning a corner and leaping over some wooden crates, the girl opened a small gate to a tall wooden fence, but instead, slipped through a door along the side of a building. "Quickly inside." She whispered, before closing the door behind them both. Keeping an ear to the wood, she heard the men reach the fence and squeeze through the small opening, before continuing their blind pursuit.

"I think they bought it." She whispered looking back at the elf warrior.

The room was a small parlor. Inside were several wooden coffins. Laying around the room were planks of wood and the smell of sawdust was thick. They were obviously in a coffin makers workshop.

The girl looked at Serethiel and extended her hand. "Im Penelope MacGuffin, but my friends call me Pippa."

Breyan Norrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Serethiel Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:15 pm

Serethiel followed after the girl because she had no other choice. She ran right behind her through the alleyway, easily maneuvering around obstacles. The wooden crates she pushed over as she jumped over them to slow down the men chasing them. The girl opened up a gate to a wooden fence, but instead of going through it she ducked through the door located on the side of the building. Serethiel followed behind her and the girl quickly closed the door. Serethiel's keen elven ears picked up the sound of the men rushing past the building and continuing on through the fence.

Once Serethiel knew they were out of immediate danger she glanced around her. She was surprised to see planks of wood and coffins laying around. She wondered how the girl, who introduced herself as Penelope, knew about this place. Before responding to her she reached out and snatched her coin pouch from the girl's belt and tucked it into her pocket.

"Serethiel," she said as she shook her hand. "So Pippa, why were those men chasing you?"

Serethiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Breyan Norrey Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:15 pm

"They're guild members. I was hired to steal a valuable object for them... which I did... only to have the item stolen away from me. I had two days to repay the guild for the lost item, and unfortunately, I was not able to do. They'll kill me unless I can come up with the money."

Pippa looks back over her shoulder towards the door. "I need to leave town."

Breyan Norrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Serethiel Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Serethiel listen to Pippa. Her story sounded sincere and truthful. However, Serethiel wanted some more information before she agreed to help this girl.

“What was it you were hired to steal?”

Serethiel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum